After going to the Somerfield display homes in Keysoborough we decided that it was between the Arden Bespoke or the Boutique Homes Grange. Both had their pros and cons. Boutique had the bigger, nicer pantry and WIR to the master whereas Arden had the void to the entrance which we wanted in a house and a nicer staircase. We emailed Boutique Homes and Arden Homes on the same day to ask if the plans would fit on our land as we have easements running along one side of the block. We got a reply pretty much straight away from the consultant at Arden who said the plan would fit our block and that we could go in and speak to her that day or wait till she came back from her Christmas break. We decided to see her that day. Luckily we did because she told us that they would be increasing prices after the new year but since we saw her before the price increase they would honour the old price for us. We didnt hear from the consultant at Bespoke for a couple of weeks even though the message we sent had been marked as “read”.
We met with the Arden consultant and what was impressive and helped consolidate our choice to go with Arden was that they allow for changes to be made to their plans. Whereas Boutique homes don’t allow for major changes. We made our second appointment with Arden to discuss floor plans and changes which was at the start of January. At this appointment we told the consultant all the changes we wanted:
- remove “laminate breakfast area” of the kitchen island bench and have it as one caesar stone bench with a caesar stone in (category 1 ) waterfall ($1077)
- change master ensuite area to “her WIR” area. Ensuite to be moved to the back of the master bedroom as seen in above image.
- remove ensuite to bedroom 3 and 4 and have shared ensuite between those two rooms as seen in above image.
- remove wall between study and lounge area
- extend the whole house (bottom and top floor) by one meter resulting in longer kitchen and butlers area ($25,000)
None of these changes seemed to be a problem and the consultant said she would get new plans drawn up with pricing for the next appointment. After about 3 weeks she emailed us the new plans. We looked at them carefully and noted a few more changes we wanted to make but overall we were quite happy with it. We made an appointment which was today where we discussed anymore changes and the prices. The additional changes we wanted:
- Extend HER WIR by 0.5metres thereby changing the guest room ensuite/wardrobe layout
- change the shower, bath tub and toilet layout in the master ensuite
- decrease the HIS WIR length to make for a bigger WIL that was next to it
- add doors to the shelves in the butlers kitchen to make it a pantry
BASE PRICE FOR BESPOKE 437 (larger bespoke) FOR 2015 PRICE: $515,000.